Most of us plan intense workouts, short runs, long runs etc as a part of our fitness regime, but we sometimes fail to plan a stretching regime for us. This leads to stiffness in our muscles mostly in the back which can be at times painful too.
This may cause a break in our fitness regime. So here are some #Back #stretchingexercises to #strengthen your back muscles and increase #flexibility.
1. Cobra Pose – Stretches muscles in the shoulders, chest and abdominals. Decreases stiffness of the lower back. Strengthens the arms and shoulders.
2. Cat-Cow pose – increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine. The movement also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen, chest, and lungs
3. Pigeon Pose – Opens the hip joint, Stretches the thighs, gluteals and piriformis muscles. Increases hip flexibility. Improves posture, alignment, and overall suppleness. Lessens or alleviates sciatic pain. Diminishes lower back pain and stiffness
4. Bridge – Strengthens legs, back neck and chest. Relaxes whole body. Reduces stress. Calms the brain and reduces anxiety. Improves digestion. Cures back pain. Cures insomnia. Good for pregnant women
5. Forward Bends – Forward fold provides a deep stretch for entire back side of body from the heels to the neck. Stretches the spine, shoulders, hamstrings. Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause and menstrual discomfort.
* These are active stretching exercises which stretches and strengthen too
* If there is an injury or ache, make sure to be slow
* Push your limits, but know your limits too.